Thursday 23 September 2010

Op shop treasure

You know how you get that sudden magnetic pull when walking past an op shop? Yes, you know the one. Well today that pull was hard. And with only $15 in my wallet my brain fought and wanted me to walk on by, but boy am I glad I went in! Four score and all for under a tenner.

A delicious red hand knitted or crochet bag with metal chain handle and pearlescent plastic clasp. Quite roomy too, so actually usable even with toddler in tow. My foot is there for size reference, not because I think anyone really needed to see it!


Next up a pair of very cute soft pea green vintage buttons.


A very cute slide viewer in what seems to be bakelite.


An the piece de resistance, auh hoh haugh, is this old first aid kit which includes 'cellulose fibre wool' aka cotton wool, and 'essence of sal volatile' used as a 'heart stimulant for weakness,nervousness and mild smelling salts. Take 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons in a wineglass of water'
Needless to say I won't be using any of it, but it's super cute!







xCherry

www.FuriousKingston.com.au

Location:Malabar Rd,Blackburn,Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails