Tuesday 8 July 2008

Refashion Pledge


The Pledge

I Cherry Rockette pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 6 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed... Cherry Rockette

I did this last year, and was quite successful in the 'not buying new things' area, but less successful in the 'must post once a week' dept. So my aim this time is to actually post once a week (or more), as an encouragement to bloody well make stuff. Since i have a surprise on the way, i need to start making lots of things anyway, so even more reason to get posting and share what I make and get some feedback as to whether there's much of a market out there for it. (I think there is, but market research is always a good validator, don't you think?)

i have no picture to post today, so this will have to do

xCherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails